This is the continuation of the series started on June 29, 2014 continued on September 13, 2014, and August 4, 2014. Hopefully my rant may help some of us at least think about the consequences of our illogical actions, if not about the ways of acting more logically and therefore more sustainably and fairly.
16. The idea of basing one country’s monetary system almost completely on one product/commodity (like the Canadian dollar on oil).
17. Speed trumping thinking when students (and others who have to type) are asked to produce well-thought out answers on the spot.
18. Chemical cleaning agents used to clean bathrooms/kitchens that end up in the water supply.
19. Garbage abandoned in space by space explorers (in the Himalayas by expeditions, in the Amazon by rock stars, etc. etc. etc.).
20. Keeping inventing products made from plastic (each canapé in its tiny plastic cup).